Adivasi Foundation Course children and the teachers visited Marutham Farm School, Tiruvanamalai for the Craft Week. Who wouldn’t love learning new craft, songs, dance, games during exposure visits – that is what we did in Marutham School. Every day was fun learning
- We had 25 crafts to learn – we distributed ourselves among all the craft sessions so that we can bring back all the craft to teach others too.
- We did hill climbing for the first time – we also learnt how the hill and the Arunagiri Children’s park was created by the Marutham Team.
- We also got interested when we saw water conservation system, organic agriculture methods, waste management and self-sustainable small business run by women community there.
- There was a 2 day Mela at the end of the program were craftsmen from different places were invited to showcase their artifacts (available for sales too). Our Vidyodaya teachers also joined us – we did showcase some of our tribal products.
- There are few things that we thought we should start doing in our place too
- Water conservation
- Waste segregation
- To start the craft we learnt during our craft sessions here